Hooray, the babies are 3 weeks old today! Here is what you should know about our lives right now:
- They babies were doing awesome on their breathing... until I went home for 24 hours. Apparently my absence traumatized them and they have decided to have apneas and bradycardias again... Grrr. Ok, I know it wasn't really my fault but the timing sure makes it feel that way. They just upped their caffeine dose so hopefully we will see improvement in the next few days. I am also doing my part by drinking Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper diligently. Between my constant thirst, inability to stay awake and eating out all of the time, I figure I can also do my part to help their breathing by providing extra caffeine via breast milk :)
- They are finally figuring out how to keep their body temperature which is check mark one out of three on the big list of things they have to accomplish in order to go home. The other two are eating on their own and figuring out how to breath... Anyway, so Wyatt was moved out of an isollette today and into an open crib. They will likely move Lily over after bath time tonight.
- This morning I got to nurse both babies at the same time. It was awesome especially since Lily's little "suck-swallow-breath" switch finally went off and they were both able to get half of their feeding by nursing! It was also the first time I was able to hold them both at the same time and I just couldn't stop thinking how amazing it is that I have these two little babies. Could I be more blessed? It almost made me want to have more kids... almost. Except the fact that I am forbidden from getting pregnant again. Apparently, I am not very good at it. I double nursed them again tonight and it went great until Wyatt spit up towards the end. I think he would have had an entire feeding until his incident but oh well. At least he is figuring it all out.
- My mom is now in town and taking care of Macy and Kylie while Justin goes to work. Justin's mom left last week and we are so blessed to have so much help!
- I survived working on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and I am so glad that I have an entire year before I have to do that again...
- My life is really glamourous as I live in a hotel, have personal housekeepers, a chauffeur who drives me everywhere I need to go and I have people to make me all of my food. Aren't you jealous?
- The babies are now 33.5 weeks so hopefully we will be out of here in another three weeks... a girl can hope, right?
- The worst part about pumping is having to wait up to pump that final time before bed so I only have to get up once at night to pump again. This results in me not going to bed until 11:30 or later every night and waking up by 7 every morning. Hence the exhaustion and diet coke dependence...