Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So maybe we are pioneers










Several months after we moved to the Great White North, a good friend of mine informed me that her and my other great friend say that I am a pioneer for living here. I laughed and thought it was funny until yesterday. The memory of this comment popped into my head as I stood over the sink rinsing the raspberries I had just picked from my neighbor's yard. I washed, dried, froze and then packed the frozen berries into bags for our "winter supply." Macy asked where Daddy was, to which I replied "He is cutting firewood so we can have fires this winter."





Maybe we are a bit pioneerish now :)



The other day we drove up to Hatcher's Pass to have a picnic and look for blueberries. It was yet another beautiful place with great views and we did find some blueberries but they hadn't gotten ripe enough that Justin and I wanted to spend the energy picking them. The girls, however, loved playing on the spongy crowberry bushes. The would roll around and eat all the dark berries they could find. It was pretty fun...





4 comments:

jayna said...

Pretty impressive for a Boise girl!

That picture of the girls smiling from the bushes is gorgeous!

johnandcourtney said...

I told you so...

Ashley Dudley said...

oh my gosh i love it! the first picture of the 4 of you is to die for! you should blow it up then send it to me on a christmas card. plus i love that justin had to cut up firewood to prepare for "the cold long winter" But i do have to say i don't think it makes you pioneer as much as burly mountain men and women....ok ok ill take out the burly part...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Alaska, beautiful family. But I am dying to know, who or what took that wonderful picture of your family..a bear?