Sunday, June 8, 2008

You know who you are...

To the Flight attendants on our 5 hour flight from Anchorage to Denver: Thank you for being so understanding, accommodating and supportive. You made us feel much better.

To the really nice lady who sat in front of us on that flight, thanks for being understanding and for your kind words of encouragement. You telling me that we were doing a good job kept me from jumping out the emergency door.

To the nice family on our Denver to Salt Lake flight who allowed their dad/husband to switch seats so Justin could sit with me and the kids, we really appreciate your sacrifice.

To the Frontier ticket counter people: You guys were awesome. Everyone we spoke to had a good sense of humor and was very helpful to our family who was flying thousands of miles on standby.

To the people on the 5 hour flight from Anchorage to Denver who gave us dirty looks as my two year old threw multiple tantrums, I hope you step on a tack. And I hope you have children who embarrass you beyond belief with hysterical tantrums while you are desperately trying to get them to stay buckled into their seatbelt so you don't get thrown off the plane. I hope you notice the dirty looks others give you and know how you made us feel yesterday. And I also hope you sit next to an obese person with terrible body odor whose giganticness spills over into your seat for your entire flight. This will just make me feel better.


So yes, there were tantrums and periods of time where we covered Macy's mouth to stifle the screams, but we made it to Utah last night. Now that we are here we may never leave because I am dreading that return flight. :)

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Glad you made it alive. Wish we were there.

Cameron/Melissa said...

I have to laugh. I think that this is my favorite blog posting ever. Only a mom who has flown with two little girls could completely understand your pain and the benefit that jumping out of the plane would be on such a flight. I have been there done that before.... My daughter Ali told me on a 7 hour flight with two hours left to go that she wanted off the plane now and she meant it. I was a little worried she might jump out of the plane too. But just think of the stories you will get to tell in the years to come.

HunnyHull said...

Being on an airplane with my screaming child is literally one of my greatest fears. I am so sorry you had to go through that. Hopefully karma will catch up with those people though.

Ashley Dudley said...

haha, yay! stay here forever with me... good thing the flight to boise is only an hour!

Rebecca said...

wow I now have no desire to travel with my 2 kids. But I do want to see you. What are your plans. Let's get together. I'm sure Brad would love to talk to Justin about fishing. Talk to me woman.

jayna said...

Ha ha! We've SO all been there! Glad you survived!

Sherry said...

That's so funny! Been there too. Some people are so rude and they will eventually get whats coming to them :). Glad you could make the trip, hopefully you'll get some nice warm sunny weather!Maybe we'll see you at Christy's baby shower if you can make it. Have a fun visit :)

Chelsea Lowder said...

just dont give up until you make it to boise, ok? then you can go home and i'll keep your children!

Rebecca said...

So I just had to tell you that I had so much fun talking to you on Tuesday night. I don't think we have ever got to do that before. I loved it. And Brad loved talking to Justin. So we will have to do it more. Thanks for coming over.