Sunday, November 23, 2008

In between children's screams, laughs, cries and giggles...

Since our laptop has been getting repaired it has been difficult to find a spare moment to do a blog. The kids both follow me into our room whenever I try to escape for a brief moment to do anything on the computer and it drives me insane. Mostly because they get into everything they can get their little paws onto and I can't stand it. But Anyway...
Recently Justin and I have been enjoying a wonderful part of not having a nursing baby in the home... babysitters! Every Tuesday night we now ditch our loving babes and head off to a local bar/restaurant called Humpy's where they have "Pub Quiz" which is a big trivia game where each table is a team trying to get the most correct answers. We go with a couple from our ward, Ned and Rachel, and then a bunch of her lawyer friends and who ever we can get to come along, and we have a great time. Maybe I will post pictures if we do well this week!
Yesterday we hired a Young Woman from our ward to watch our spastic toddlers so we could go to a sports bar (again with Ned and Rachel, AKA Our "bar buddies") to watch the BYU -Utah game...yeah, I don't really want to talk about that one. Except to say how nice it has been to actually get to go on regular dates with Justin and to get socialize with other adults besides at play times (which are great but still involve the children).
Also this week, I was sick for 2 days or so and on the second day a wonderful lady from my ward with a 3 and 4 year old girl took Macy for half of the day. I will love her forever for this! I was able to rest and take a nap when Kylie did, it was wonderful. Plus I didn't have to listen to the two of them fight, so it ended up working out well.
Not much else happening! I am almost finished with all of the banners I have been sewing and I am anxious to finish Kylie's Christmas dress and some other projects I have planned. I will post more when more happens!And here's Kylie gearing up for yesterday's game...
And today we enjoyed a Sunday evening of no bake cookies and child torture for our entertainment.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nichole, I have been wondering where you have been! That was way too long to go without a post from from of my favorites! Way to go with those Pub Nights! They sound fun! It is so good you have friends to play with. Hope you are feeling better and that you and Justin and Macy and Kylie have a warm and happy Thanksgiving.

Rebecca said...

I LOVE Humpy's Me and Brad try to make sure we eat there whenever I ever get to go to Alaska.