Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday/ The Big Reveal

So here are the much anticipated pictures of the dresses! I definately took on too much this week and the house suffered a bit and the girls got a little bored being stuck at home (but who wants to go out during breakup anyway???) but I finished two Easter baskets and 3 dresses this week. I ended up not loving the dresses I made for the girls. The pattern was just okay and would probably make a cuter shirt than dresses but I think they are alright. I had to alter Macy's a little because it looked more like a nightgown than dress but Kylie's turned out pretty cute. I was also thrilled with the way that my dress turned out. I had been very hesitant to make any clothing for myself because I am picky about my clothes and I didn't want to look like some frumpy, hippie mom that makes her own everything (it looks alright on some people...just not for me). I do like my dress, but I made it a tad too tight and even after lengthening it from the pattern three inches, I would still prefer it to be longer but for a first attempt, I am pretty proud. It is fully lined and I loved the compliments I got on it today at church and most people had no idea that I had made it until someone else told them. That's good- again I don't want to look like I am in something homemade. Anyway, enough talk, here are some pictures-

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Good job, Nic. They all look great!

jayna said...

Super cute- and super impressive that you could do it for yourself!

I'm happy to do a goods exchange...I'd love to design something for one of your cute bags!

email me with ideas/desires/and all the info...and i'll see what i can come up with.

jaynahaws@yahoo.com

Lowders said...

You all look adorable. I like the dresses. Very impressive.

Love, Mom

~ Angela said...

They are all wonderful, and I really LOVE the girls' dresses, so I don't know what you are worried about!!! Nice job getting everything done in time for the big day.

Michelle said...

WOW! you are amazing. love the colors. youall look so good in them.

Lily said...

Love it. Did you sew all you girls dresses? You're dress is so cute if so.