Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Summer Project/ Quilt Along


Crazy Mom Quilts (one of my heroes) is hosting a quilt along and I decided to join in to give me a fun, easy project to do. We do one block a day for seventy days and when we are finished we have 70 blocks to make a twin sized quilt out of. She has all of the directions on her blog and it is super simple. Since I know I will not be able to sew everyday for the next two months, I am going to make 4 or so blocks a couple of times a week so I can stay caught up. here is what I made today:

It is so fun and easy that it would be great for anyone who hasn't done a quilt before and wants to try. I plan to make the blocks completely from my stash and scraps so I really won't feel like it costs me anything. If you have been wanting to take on a quilt (Linley- please do this!) you should definitely try this!

2 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

your blocks are great! thanks for joining in!

p.s. my word verification is blessed. :)

Linley and Austin said...

that sounds like a reasonable project to do :) I love your blocks by the way! OH and those videos of Macy...too stinkin cute.