Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Shirt

Monday I decided to break out one of my copies of Simplicity #3835 to try out. I wanted to made a shirt because I had seen so many cute ones posted on other blogs. I combined a few elements from the dress options in the pattern and came up with this.

I liked it but I probably should have stuck with the original sleeves because these ended up being too tight for me. I guess I need to start sewing my patterns an additional size larger, sigh*. Anyway, this was easy and fun to do and I will definately have to give it another try soon.
P.S. This pattern is in my shop and if you post my button on your blog, you can save %10 on future orders. And I promise to add more things to my shop soon!

7 comments:

Aunt Nancy said...

You are a sewing maniac! But an amazing sewing maniac. I really like this shirt (and the belt). Too bad you live all the way up in Alaska. I would have you make all my clothes.

Taryn said...

I love your button! Did you make it or have someone make it for you? Totally cute!:)

brie said...

Love it!

Vicki said...

Nichole, A frustration with sewing clothing is that there is no connection between the sizes of ready made clothing and patterns. Patterns run small. It is always easier to take something in than have it be too small to begin with. I am so impressed with all of your efforts. You are a "sewing machine." Your results are all very cute! Vicki

HunnyHull said...

I think the shirt looks cute, but DAMN look at that hot bod you have!!! So curvey, you look amazing!

Lily said...

That is so cute. Sheesh, why can't you just be my neighbor? :)

Ashley Dudley said...

My sister is a rockstar. it doesn't look homemade either!!! good job :)